The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation NT Branch may make provision for legal assistance to members connected with their employment in instances where the employee is not prepared to provide funding. The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation NT Branch does not provide funding for legal assistance in matters that are not work related.
The types of situations where legal assistance may be granted by the The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation NT Branch are as follows:
- pursuing entitlements under the Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act
- actions pursuant to the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia / AHPRA)
- pursuing civil recovery in relation to matters arising from work;
- recover of withheld wages or other entitlements; or
- actions persuant to the Public Sector Employment and Management Act (PSEMA) 1993 and its Regulations 2011, including grievances
From January 2015, financial members of ANMF NT may apply to the Branch Council for reimbursement of up to $300 towards the drafting of their own personal will by a lawyer or the public trustee.
The following criteria will apply:
- The member must have been a financial member with ANMF NT for 24 consecutive months
- Halfpenny's solicitors are the lawyers of choice as determined by ANMF NT
- Should the member choose anothe rlaw firm, the value of the will reimbursements remains at the maximum of $300
- Access to the will reimbursement may only occur once and only applies to the actual ANMF NT financial member and not to the other members of their family
- Reimbursement will be to the nominated bank account of the financial member.
- Reimbursements only apply to invoices from within the previous 6 month period.
Read our Wills Policy »
Fill a Will Reimbursment Form »